Annette Wertman will be leading CHAIR YOGA CLASSES
on board the MS Volendam June 28 – July 5, 2017.
Vancouver-Alaska round trip
Information Meeting at Legacy Senior Living
611 West 41st Avenue (corner NW Ash St.)
MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2016 – 9:30am – 10:30 am
Keeping healthy, Keeping strong – with CHAIR YOGA
Please follow the link to my Yoga article.
PYRAMID POSE – Why not use a CHAIR for balance?
PYRAMID POSE – carefully stretches the HAMSTRINGS, keeping legs flexible and healthy!
* mobility – be able to keep moving; getting in and out of the bathtub
What do you like about Chair Yoga classes?
Annette is an excellent teacher:
* easy to follow instructions
* she makes you feel better every class
* she explains why each movement is important
* she makes sure you are breathing through each movement
* you get to socialize with others
Are you enjoying any benefits to your health from Chair Yoga?
* physically and mentally…… I feel so much better!
CHAIR YOGA – modifying poses by using a chair and all it’s different levels.
HIGHLIGHTS from YOGA IN AMERICA STUDY 2016:
1. Populations that are growing include men and OLDER AMERICANS
2. Flexibility, stress reduction and overall fitness are top reasons to start and keep practicing yoga
3. Yoga students are more likely to say they have good mental clarity, are strong, have good balance and dexterity, give back to the community and live and eat sustainably!
“When you were away, I had a bad cold. And your breathing exercises really helped me. I did that ‘alternate nostril breathing’ that you taught us. It really helped keep my sinuses clear. I was so worried about getting stuffed up! So, thank you so much!”
ON SALE NOW for $20.00 – contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is IMPORTANT.
Bring the floor up to support the feet when sitting fully back on your Yoga Chair.
Practicing yoga together at THE LEO WERTMAN RESIDENCE
(611 West 41st, Vancouver)
Chair Yoga classes are open to the public on Saturdays for a $5.00 drop-in fee.
Our closing mantra today was:
“May we be healthy!”